Not beauty related, but one of my other fav things, Lilly Pulitzer! Celebrating National Wear your Lilly day!! #Summerinlilly
Buy any Lilly item today online or in stores and receive a free necklace!! Click on my pic for the link :)
Check out this article on BuzzFeed- it even had a couple secrets I did not know!!
For the past several weeks, I have been using the NYX BB03 Bronzer- Daydream of Molokai. This bronzer comes in a great mirrored-compact with a separate compartment holding a sponge applicator. It seems like it would be an ideal color for all skin tones. I have very fair skin, but this bronzer gave me a natural color that was not too dark or orange. I also sometimes get spray tans which makes my skin several shades darker. I tested out the color after getting a tan and the bronzer still looked great! You can build the color very easily without it looking packed on.
The color lasted a long time, and I definitely feel the quality was just as good as more expensive brands! When I used this at home, I used a bronzer brush, but I did like having the sponge applicator in the compact for touch-ups throughout the day.
Overall, I was very satisfied with the NYX BB03 Bronzer and will definitely try out some other NYX products!!! Check out NYX website for more of their great, low-priced but high quality makeup!!!
- Available At: Nyxcosmetics.com, ULTA
- Price: $13
- Pros: Great bronze color, long-lasting, low price
- Cons: Compact is a little bulky
LOVE shopping at Beauty.com! Browse from over 200 prestige beauty brands. It’s beautifully easy! Click the below link to save $10 off your $25 order and receive free samples with every order (make sure you click on get samples before checkout to select)
When I first heard TRESemmé came out with a Fresh Start Collection, I was excited to try it because I know TRESemmé always is affordable and because I really wanted to find a dry shampoo I liked! I previously tried a dry shampoo by another more expensive brand, and the smell was terrible! Every time I used it, I felt like my hair smelled like baby powder (which if you knew me well, you would know is my least favorite scent…who wants to smell like a baby’s behind??? Not me!) Anyway, the scent of that other brand was very strong and would not go away. Every time I would get a whiff, it would remind me that my hair was not looking its best!
I am happy to say that the TRESemmé Fresh Start collection does actually smell fresh, just like their shampoos and conditioners. It has a very light scent that is not overwhelmingly strong. Since I have naturally straight hair, I mainly used the TRESemmé Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair and the Refreshing Mist for all hair types (They also make a Dry Shampoo for curly hair which is in my picture below). These products make it possible to not wash your hair every single day and still have a fresh look. So, the day after washing your hair, you can use the Dry Shampoo and the Refreshing Mist before styling.
These products are very easy to use. The dry shampoo for straight hair is a spray that you shake and then spray evenly throughout your hair (making sure to hold the can about 8-12 inches away). Then, I use my blow dryer and a round brush to quickly boost hair up a little at the roots. Finish by using the Refreshing mist, which you just spritz lightly over hair for a quick finishing touch. (Using a hair dryer is not required, just my perosnal preference.)
I have very thick hair, so a lot of products do not make a noticeable difference. Although using these products did not make my hair look exactly the same as right after I wash it, I think the Fresh Start Collection added some volume and shine and made my hair smell fresh. I definitely think these products work just as well, if not better, than the more expensive brand I previously tried, so you definitely get more for your money with TRESemmé.
- Available At: Any drugstore, Wal-Mart, Target, ULTA, etc
- Price: Ranges depending on the retailer, but all products in the Fresh Start Collection are under $7 each, I’ve seen some retailers recently with a 2 for $7 sale, so that’s a great deal
- Pros: Great smell, adds shine and volume, low price, quick and easy to use
- Cons: Really none that I can think of!
Next I want to try their Fresh Start No Frizz Crème! We can always use that in Florida!
Just wanted to pass this on to you guys! If you go on Facebook and find the Murad page, you can get the link to buy this great kit of travel Murad products for only $15! Plus they are giving free shipping if you enter promo code SHIPFB at checkout.
*While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Murad Terms and Conditions apply.
Check it out and Stay Glamorous!
I recently purchased Benefit’s The POREfessional during an ULTA haul (please note: I called it the Pore Professional in my haul post and only recently saw that it actually is called POREfessional, oops!!) I’ve been using it for a few weeks now, and I really like how it works! Although the product does not really change your pore size, it does make pores seem less noticeable, goes on like silk and does not make you break out or clog pores.
It really seems to make my skin look smoother, and you only need to use a little to get the effect. I have been using it for my t-zone, and I’ve also noticed less shine throughout the day. The POREfessional also does have a small hint of color to it which is nice, but it blends so easily, it would work for any skin tone.
I do think this product is very similar to the Clinique Pore Minimizer, which I reviewed a few months ago, but both seem to work well! The other great thing about it is that it doesn’t go on like a typical cream or primer. Most creams take a minute or 2 to dry and tend to make your face look shinier, but this goes on matte and does not leave your skin feeling wet or cakey.
I would definitely recommend this product by Benefit!!
- Available At: ULTA, Sephora, Benefit.com
- Price: $28
- Pros: Very silky formula, goes on matte, reduces the look of pores and shine
- Cons: A little pricey for a small tube (.75 oz), doesn’t actually reduce pore size
As for the free gift with purchase items from Benefit, I like the Stay Don’t Stray primer, but it doesn’t stand out from other eye shadow primers I’ve used. I’m not a big fan of the cream eyeshadow/liner, R.S.V.P. It is very light and when you blend it you can hardly see the color. I have not tried the Benefit Bad Gal Lash yet, but I opened it up and noticed the wand is huge! It actually looks bigger than my eye, so not sure how easy it will be to apply!
That’s it for now, stay glamorous!!
Thanks to NYX Cosmetics for sending me their BB03 Bronzer-Daydream of Molokai for me to test out. The first thing I noticed was how cute the packaging is! The bronzer has a hula girl on it with palm trees, so cute! The bronzer compact also comes with a foam sponge for application and a mirror! Please check out their website for all of NYX amazing products, http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/
Also, check back here for my review of this bronzer and the NYX Jumbo Eye pencils!!!
The Cargo Swimmables came in a special edition Cargo “Get Wet” kit featuring all waterproof items. The 3 colors that came in the kit were a little outrageous, but very fun and different (bright purple, electric blue and a dark hunter green.) The liners go on very smoothly, and really are waterproof! I seriously was doing a “test”, and I put the green on my lid and then a minute later pulled out my Clarisonic and started washing my face. Usually, during this process, all my eye makeup smudges and runs, and then I take it off with eye-makeup remover. Well, sure enough, all my other eye makeup was a mess, but the Cargo eyeliner looked exactly the same! I still have not given it a full day test run, but it seems to do what it says it will!! I will be trying it out for a beach day, along with the rest of the kit (the waterproof bronzer and mascara) this weekend when I go to the beach, so check back!
- Available At: ULTA stores (in Get Wet kit), or Beauty.com in a set of five (temporarily out of stock, but will be shipped within 1-2 weeks if you place order)
- Price: Get Wet Kit was $32 for bronzer, mascara and 3 Swimmables, or set of 5 swimmables is $18
- Pros: Stays put, funky summer colors, easy to apply
- Cons: No neutral colors like black or brown, hard to find (they seem to be sold out everywhere!)
If you can find these anywhere, I recommend giving them a shot for summer! The picture below is of the set of 5 for $18, and then a pic of the kit I purchased as well for $32
Next, I will discuss the Pop Beauty Cat Eyes eyeliner in Black Dahlia (a purple/brown color). I thought this color was interesting because it wasn’t alarmingly purple, it was very subtle and almost looked brown until you looked at it in the light. I thought it would be good for adding subtle color with my green eyes. It also had a cool wide tip that could be used for a normal line or turned sideways to make a thicker line.
Unfortunately, although I really like the color, when I went to put it on, it did not go on smoothly. I felt like I had to keep pulling on my lid to get it to go on and it took several attempts of stop-go-stop-go on the lid to even get one line! In theory, the shape of the tip was good, but the execution is poor. I returned this product :(
- Available At: ULTA stores, ULTA.com, Beauty.com
- Price: $16
- Pros: Nice color
- Cons: Not easy to apply, line created is not even
The Stila Smudge Stick is definitely a nice liner! It goes on easily and doesn’t need more than one application to be its true color. I tried the black- “Stingray”
The only issue is, it is supposed to be easy to smudge and then supposed to set and not budge. I noticed after awhile that I had marks under my eyes and on my top lid. This liner is good for lining the waterline though. It stayed longer than most do!
I still like using my Lorac Front of the Line PRO for a quick easy liner, but you cannot really use that on your waterline, so I’ve been using the Lorac and Stila together to create a day look. I like the Smudge stick but will probably continue my search for the perfect eyeliner that can do it all!
- Available At: ULTA, Beauty.com, Stilacosmetics.com, Sephora
- Price: $20
- Pros: Great for lining your waterline, easy to apply
- Cons: The name rings true to how it looks after a couple of hours …smudged
40 Beauty questions answered, plus one extra question added by me!!
1) How many times do you wash your face daily? Usually twice, but sometimes 3 times during the summer because my job requires me to be in and out of the air conditioning, and after a long Florida working day, I need to wash my makeup off immediately when I get home!
2) What skin type do you have? Combination
3) What is your current facial wash? I use mild face wash without a lot of chemicals because I tend to put topical on my face as well. Right now I am using Mario Badescu’s Enzyme Cleansing Gel and/or Cetaphil.
4) Do you exfoliate? Yes! My favorite mild face exfoliator is Origins Swept Away. For body, I use Soft Soap Spa Radiant. I also have a Clarisonic which helps with exfoliation.
5) What moisturizer do you use? I am still searching for the perfect one. In the daytime, sometimes I just use Aveeno oil-free sunblock for face because I feel like it adds moisture as well as provides SPF protection. At night, I tend to use Aveeno Positively Radiant, or CeraVe PM.
6) Do you have freckles? Yes, but they are very light and only really show when I lay out in the sun :)
7) Do you use eye cream? I try to but I never know which ones will really work best now to help prevent wrinkles later. I have L’Oreal Regenerist, Philosophy Miracle and a few others but I don’t have one I use every day.
8) Do you have acne-prone skin? Not really acne-prone, but I do get breakouts from hormones. When I think of acne, I think of people who have lots of blemishes all over, and I tend to maybe only have a couple or none if it is a good week! My skin has been a lot better lately, now that I stopped drying it out with aggressive cleansers.
9) Did you ever use ProActiv? Yes, but I never really used all 3 steps together in the right way, so I never gave it a chance to work. I do know some people who swear by it though!!
10) What foundation do you use? Currently, I use Bare Minerals, Medium Beige, but I think it is just OK. I may try to switch back to a liquid if I hear about a good one!
11) Do you know your undertone color? Not really, but when I look for foundations, I try to pick the ones that have warmer undertones rather than pink undertones, if that makes sense?
12) What do you think about false eyelashes? LOVE THEM, but I started using Latisse quite awhile ago and have not used falsies since then! I think sometimes people wonder why they can’t get their eye makeup to look like celebrities, and nine times out of ten, they forget that all celebrities wear fake lashes, many of them wear them every day and definitely to all events and photo shoots!
13) Did you know that you’re supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes, I probably change it more often.
14) What brand of mascara do you use? I use tons of different ones but my favorite for day time is L’Oreal Bare Naurale. I recently tried Revlon’s Grow Luscious but thought it came out kind of clumpy and only sometimes looked good on my lashes. For a night-time look, I’ve been using Smashbox’s Hyperlash or Too Faced Lash Injection. I also just got a new Cargo Better-than-Waterproof mascara I will be testing out on my Virginia Beach trip in a week!
15) Sephora or MAC? Eh, well I would actually say ULTA, but if I had to pick between those 2, I would say Sephora. I love MAC and have been using their products since college, but I like how Sephora has so many brands and price ranges. I like options!
16) Do you have a MAC Pro card? No, I don’t really buy enough for that.
17) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application? Well I have several MAC and Bare Minerals brushes I use. I also just placed my first order with Sigma, so I will soon have a new set of face brushes. I also think Q-tips are a must for eye-makeup, and I like sponges for under-eye concealer.
18) Do you use a makeup base or primer for the eyes? I do not use a makeup base but I do like eye primers. For a long time, I just used MAC’s eye shadow sticks for primers, but then I switched to Bare Minerals Prime Time. I also recently bought Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in Sin and like that a lot because it works as a shimmery highlighter as well. I have 2 brand new Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primers, and a new Benefit Stay Don’t Stray primer as well, but I have not tried them yet.
19) What is your favorite eye shadow? MAC Star Violet of course, great for people with green eyes!
20) Do you use pencil lip or eye liner? Never a fan of lip liner, but I would die without eyeliner. I even tried to have mine tattooed, but the results didn’t really stick. I plan on having it done again though at a different place.
21) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Never really have that problem unless I am trying to line my waterline without a mirror!
22) What do you think of pigment eye shadows? They are messy, but definitely give you a statement look
23) Do you use mineral makeup? Yes, Bare Minerals, but I don’t think it is as great as they make it sound in the Ads.
24) What is your favorite lipstick? I do not wear lipstick. I try time and time again, but I always think I look like a clown.
25) What is your favorite lip-gloss? I do wear lip-gloss but do not have a favorite. I interchange any ones I think look interesting!
26) What is your favorite blush to use? Well I think blushes are the one item that you can buy for .99 or $30 and still get pretty much the same result. Now of course, you have to pick the right shade for your skin, but really I think all brands work the same. I did recently splurge to buy the one blush every blogger raves about, Nars Orgasm. It is very pretty, but I mainly tried it because beauty.com was having their anniversary sale and I got 20% off. I do like it, but would I pay the full $26? I think not.
27) Do you buy makeup on eBay? Yes, as long as it is new and sealed.
28) Do you like drugstore makeup? Not really, but sometimes I find certain things I like a lot. Lately it seems like everything I have tried from the drugstore, I have ended up returning.
29) Do you go to CCOs? I went for the first time recently, and was a little disappointed. The items were still expensive and they didn’t have as many things as I thought they would. I bought one shimmer bronzer from Estee Lauder.
30) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes? No, I’ve been doing makeup since middle school, so I think I know enough by now. But, if I’m every looking for new tips or tricks, I just look to my fellow beauty bloggers :)
31) Are you clumsy putting on your makeup? Sometimes I get lazy with my eye makeup because I know I can just clean up the mistakes with eye-makeup remover and a Q-tip.
32) Name a makeup crime that you hate. People who do not wear mascara, ESPECIALLY, when they have light lashes. Even a little really defines your eyes.
33) Do you like colorful shades of makeup or neutral ones? Probably more neutral. I’m not really into funky-colored eye shadows or anything too wild, but I do love a dramatic smoky eye.
34) Which celebrity always has great makeup? Well Jessica Biel is not really known for being a glamour girl, but recently she has done some Revlon Ads and I love the smoky-eye look they gave her! She also is on the cover of Glamour Magazine this month and the eye makeup in her pictures in the mag are so pretty!
35) If you could leave the house using just one makeup item, what would you use? Mascara!
36) Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? If I had a spray tan, maybe. I am very fair so without any makeup, I feel like I look dead.
37) Do you think you look good without any makeup on? Not really, haha
38) In your opinion, what is the best makeup line? Chanel, although I rarely splurge to buy their products.
39) What do you think of makeup? I have always thought anything that can emphasize what you already have is a must, and that’s exactly what makeup does! Love it!
40) What are your favorite hair care products? I love, love, love Bain de Terre hair care products. They smell great and leave my hair soft and shiny.
I am adding a new question of my own as well!
41) What products are you dying to try? I recently found several Urban Decay items I can’t wait to try:
- Urban Decay- All Nighter, $29-This is a spray you put on after you finish your makeup and it is supposed to keep it looking great for 16 hours! I wasn’t sure how this could work, but I read a review from someone who actually mentioned how well it held up in the Florida humidity, so I’m sold!
- Urban Decay- 24/7 Glide-on eye Pencil in Rockstar, $17- This eyeliner is a deep maroon/purple and is supposed to stay put after applying
- Urban Decay- De-Slick in a Tube, $28 (also made in a spray formula)- This is supposed to help prevent shine, and says it helps tighten pores as well
- Urban Decay- 24/7 Concealer, $17- This creamy concealer pencil is supposed to stay put and hide dark circles and blemishes. It comes in 4 shades; I am probably the lightest, in CIA.
So basically, I am super interested in trying lots of Urban Decay products!!! Hopefully, I will be able get some of these products soon and review them for you! Also, I’ve been trying out the products from my ULTA haul, so look for some new reviews in the next couple of days!!